Saturday, July 4, 2015

Cranberry Checks and a Bit of Whimsy...

A client from Buffalo contacted me and sent this photo of her living room.  
She wanted a "whimsical-style" table to go in between her two chairs and mentioned a "MacKenzie-Childs-style" look.


We agreed that this solid cherry table would work in between these two lovely chairs.  This adds a drawer of storage and still allows her two levels for display, and is not as long:


We sent many emails back and forth, deciding on colors, style, design….


….I primed and painted the table in a light sand color….



…and added checks onto the drawer….


It's always a challenge when working with only 2 colors to make it funky and whimsical...


…One stripe on the top was not enough…but the stripes on the side and back worked well.


Gold trim really finished off the edges of the drawer and trim on the table.


Cream dragged throughout the stripes and checks added dimension:


Gold and cranberry polka dots added some more fun….


…and a tassel finished off the drawer:


Additional stripes were needed on the top...


…and here is the before and after:


I think this will add some "flair" between her new chairs and give her the look she was searching for!

Sharing with
Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
and 
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I love the red and white check. This is adorable, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you really did a terrific job on that table. It looks so good and between the two chairs - its perfect.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its whimsical indeed! The tasel on the pull is darling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its whimsical indeed! The tasel on the pull is darling! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, I saw the piece earlier, I guess on Facebook, but hadn't seen the photo of the room where it will live. What a cozy room! Love the dog weather vane as art. You did a fantastic job of creating a whimsical piece for between the chairs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this piece and she was lucky to find you to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog yesterday :) Yes, I'm still in NY; it's always nice to meet a fellow up-state NYer. I've not found too many of us, have you? I'd love it if there were an "Upstate NY" blogging group. You were right about my made-over side table--it sold right away for $38. LOVE your side table--so creative and unique. I bet your customer loved it.

    ReplyDelete