Saturday, August 4, 2012

Zucchini Boats

Tonight I decided to use leftovers to create Zucchini Boats:
I had 1 zucchini, a little leftover broccoli and 1/2 bag of leftover rice:
I shredded 1/4 cup of Chipotle Cheddar Cheese:
I sliced the zucchini in 1/2 lengthwise and hollowed it out a bit. I mixed the rice, chopped broccoli, shredded cheese and filled the zucchini with the mixture. I sprinkled a bit of salt and pepper on it, baked it for about 40 minutes and then topped it with a little mozzarella.
MMmmmm...was this ever easy and tasty!

Sharing this with
Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Another recipe of yours I'm going to try. My husband isn't fond of zucchini, but perhaps this would help. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always trying to find ways to use up my zucchini and this looks delicious!

    I am a new follower! I would love for you to join my site as well! :)

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I'm featuring you today! Thanks for sharing at Snips and Spice Sunday Slice.

    Malory

    http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/2012/08/saturday-is-special-day-party-features-6.html

    ReplyDelete